Pat

Pat from Middlesbrough.

Hi guys, recently started keeping a few birds after thinking about it for ever, finally turned my plans into cage units & recently acquired several pair of Hartz Roller Canaries (2017 birds). 
Always had a soft spot for finches & factored that into my cage unit design. 
At this time I do not envisage build flights aviaries etc so I will be trying to source quality bred birds & will pay a fair price. I'm specifically interested in CWF & white birds. Knowing how prolific these little birds can breed I will only buy in a couple of pair to start. My dilemma is that I do not know any one at this time hence joining this forum.

Pat

image.jpeg

Welcome pat just joined recently myself and purchaced 2 pairs of exhibition birds with the thought of showing 

Any questions i will try and help best i can nice cages too 

Craig 

• Like 1

Hi Pat and welcome to the Forum.

I think if you want quality birds you could join the Zebra Finch Society and amongst other items you will receive a Year Book which contains Names and addresses of ZFS members who might live around your way and have some for sale. Or you could visit Stafford Spring Show in March where you might find some good birds. Alternatively, check the on line Free Ads to see if there are any you want to buy and check if the seller would courier a few pairs at your expense which is about £45 ish.

Anyway, hope you get sorted when your ready.

Andyn

14 hours ago, Pat said:
Hi guys, recently started keeping a few birds after thinking about it for ever, finally turned my plans into cage units & recently acquired several pair of Hartz Roller Canaries (2017 birds). 
Always had a soft spot for finches & factored that into my cage unit design. 
At this time I do not envisage build flights aviaries etc so I will be trying to source quality bred birds & will pay a fair price. I'm specifically interested in CWF & white birds. Knowing how prolific these little birds can breed I will only buy in a couple of pair to start. My dilemma is that I do not know any one at this time hence joining this forum.

Pat

image.jpeg

welcome to the wonderful world of zebra finches.... what I did find amusing was your line" how prolific these birds can breed"  I wish some one would tell my big fat lazy exhibition birds that :D:D:D

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up boys, I will definitely look into the Zebra Finch Society, I'm sure there will be some purists out there somewhere not a million miles away who have a proven stud. 

The bird breeding business isn't what it was 40 years ago, door to door courier services & excellent cage lighting systems, on wards & upwards! 

• Like 1

If you get stuck next year let me know, it took forever to source mine but I will be breeding 4 pairs this year & will only keep a few back & if you have any surplus white zebras of CWF......;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1