Sign in to follow this  
Fraza

1st black breast breeding with normal grey

So I have a black breast ex showbird and I have bred her with a normal grey and 4/4 eggs hatched however one is pink and 3 of the hatchlings are black, does this mean the three could be black breasts 

she ended up abandonding the chicks and I ended up having to let the 4 society’s adopt the chicks, hopefully i get three black breasts only 5 days old tho long wait .....

Sorry Fraza

I'm hopeless at identifying colours in young birds I'm sure when other members read your post  they will be able to help.

(Trevor and Andy are good at identifying colours;):D

Emmy

1 hour ago, Emmy said:

Sorry Fraza

I'm hopeless at identifying colours in young birds I'm sure when other members read your post  they will be able to help.

(Trevor and Andy are good at identifying colours;):D

Emmy

Ohright thanks anyway u hope they reply :)

Hi Fraza,

You would need either two visual Black Breast parents or two carrying the BB gene or even one of each. BB is a recessive mutation.

If the one 'Pink' is truly Pink then the pair could also be carrying the Pied/White gene and this could be a 'White' I think you would have to wait until the chicks have feathered up to see if they are Black Breast. The 'White chick should have a Bone coloured beak as opposed to black.

But good luck with them and enjoy!

Andyn 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andyn said:

Hi Fraza,

You would need either two visual Black Breast parents or two carrying the BB gene or even one of each. BB is a recessive mutation.

If the one 'Pink' is truly Pink then the pair could also be carrying the Pied/White gene and this could be a 'White' I think you would have to wait until the chicks have feathered up to see if they are Black Breast. The 'White chick should have a Bone coloured beak as opposed to black.

But good luck with them and enjoy!

Andyn 

Okay thanks for that it helped I’ll keep you posted when the colours have came through 

Trevor, would beak colour be black like Normals?

Venturing into Fawns this coming year for first time.

Cheers

Andy

Hi I have a recent picture from today and if u look closely at them you can see that one has white wings and one has grey also I’ll add pic of parents, one last question if the parents are large zebras does this mean the chicks will or is it one small and one big parent to get large offspring 

chicks -first pic https://imgur.com/a/v7wOK 

Chicks  Second pic xL8VIDf.jpgbeen fed a lot by the foster society’s 

parents l5S5Q8c.jpg