Sign in to follow this  
Clare L

CRBCCFW Red Eye Eumo Chick

Hi All,

Not posted for a while, but thought you might like to see this one.

New mutation for me, parents are BCCFW/Eumo hen x CRBCEumo/CFW and Red Eye male.

Hope you like, over the moon for first time with this mutation.

09-04-17 eumo chicks# 027.JPG

• Like 2

That's an interesting combination Clare & it'll be interesting to see it when its moulted out too.

Despite saying I'm a traditionalist with Zebs I have bred an aviary pair of OBs but only got BB cocks and don't know how to ID whether hens are OB or BB They are quite striking though.

Thanks Andy, they are new to me, got hold of a very nice pair of zebs to breed this.

Also breeding OBBB mutations the give away is in the tails whether they are carrying ob or bb or both.

Both BB and OB have reduced or no tear, OB or split OB hens can have ghost flank markings and if orange is showing in the tail they can be carrying OB or full depending on marking's, still learning on this on myself, know how it works just the identification that can be a bit tricky when splits are involved.

So if your pair are both OB's but split BB then you can get OB/BB or OBBB, in theory all chicks will be OB if both parents are full OB but split BB as well then some chicks will also be full BB or split BB as well as being OB. 

Hope that makes sense??