DaveP

New arrivals.

Looks to be two Pied and a double factor Spangle from this angle Dave but aren't they smart?

3 lovely boys there :D

first looks like a DF spangle (green series)...unless he has red eyes, then you have a lutino :P 

middle looks like a DF Dominant pied (may also be combination pied)...also green series :D 

and the last looks like a grey DF dom pied or combi pied too.....but blue series :D 

Lovely mix of colors :D here is my bombardment of budgies :D 

15991453_10154239493817654_223158708_o.jpg

What a beautiful photograph Sarah.

Last month guess what I bought?  A  budgie!! (Billy boy) just fell in love with it --I was at our bird sale last month. I was selling finches and the woman next table to me was selling budgies and I just fell in love with it -

(I'm trying to convince my family its one of my young cockatiels but it's an unusual colour :lol:)

(It's light blue and a lot of white.)

Thank you Andyn and Sarah for the colour breakdown . Thought they were two lutinos and a pied just goes to show what I know lol. Emmy bet you have your budgie talking in no time.

haha it's a miniature cockateil emmy ;) 

i'm hoping to find a couple new ones for my aviary at stafford next month :D but i'm mainly looking for another pair of kakarikis :P 

be careful....budgies are worse than finches.....they magically multiply! without breeding!!!! :o 

one of them is semi-tame Daisymay. however the rest are wild :) (wouldnt want that many tame budgies out there.....i'd never be able to get out! haha) 

and yes gary...two rabbits....both boys :P long story short....took in a female rabbit as she was going to used as bait. 2 weeks later she had 7 babies!...i managed to sell 2 of them however with money being tight, i couldn't afford a new hutch.....so they live in with the budgies :P however i am trying to sell them (all of the rabbits) as it's killing my back to keep leaning down to give them attention :( 

I loved having rabbits Sarah.  (I've got an empty hutch at the moment too:lol:)

Thinking it's just a good job I don't live near you:D

Emmy

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:55, DaveP said:

Got these on Sunday a late Xmas present .

20170130_152720.jpg

I must have missed this photo at the beginning of the post- lovely birds Dave. The blue and white one is something like the one I got but mine has a bit more light blue in it. Found out today my one should have been named Houdini. It's in the conservatory and I got a shock when I noticed it was sitting outside its cage waiting at the door to get back in but the door was closed:o. It had pushed its way out from where the feeders go - so now the cable ties are out once more;)

Emmy

Hi Emmy 

They are clever little devils I have put two in aviary and kept one in house . This is its favourite perch (see photo).

20170207_191901.jpg

today i had my aviary lot work together to knock the jug of water over while i was filling their seed up :( not daft at all.

i also have to use clips on the cage doors as i have about 5 budgies which can lift the door up and then push their body to hold it while they somehow get out :P (luckily it has always been out into a secure place) 

i have also had a budgie get under the wire bottom on a small house cage! 

monsters the lot of em!.......but i love them haha

Hi Dave and Sarah,

I'm beginning to think budgies are even more inquisitive than cockatiels. Love where it is sitting Dave. 

Sarah my cages are beginning to look as though they are waiting for the washing to be pegged up - using clothes pegs now to secure doors and hang millet spray.:D

I have a toy budgie fixed on a perch and it whistles when Billie moves it and he sits cuddled up to it - it works with 2 small batteries.

The toy budgie had stopped whistling so I thought it needed new batteries but when I went to remove the batteries  Billie had already opened the battery section and had removed the batteries for me :o- so no more batteries going in!! Now Billie has  a very quiet toy budgie. I can't understand how he managed to do that because I find it difficult to open the battery case:rolleyes:

Maybe be easier for us if we had beaks instead of noses:lol:

Emmy

haha budgies are smart animals :)

however....i have a kakariki in my room (got attacked in aviary and cant fly now) who was getting bored, he has bird toys in his cage but he just didnt seem.....happy,......so i used my brain (scary).....he now has a budgies dumbell rattle, a cat rattle ball, a christmas bell (small roud one) and a dogs plastic ball (one with holes in).....Then i went to my local Care and Share. In a box marked "free" i found some baby pram toys....two sets of plastic keys on a rubber ring, a ball rattle toy and a teddy which has a weird rattle inside....which was also on a rubber ring/clip thing.

gave them a good wash in hot water, dried them off.......every so often all i hear is a rattle :) he loves them! as i am in my room most of the time now, i can supervise him. 

who'd have thought that they love baby toys? i knew my parrots liked baby toys and dog toys but i would have never though to give one to a smaller parrot/parakeet haha :)