Hi Everyone,

I'm Charlotte, and I work at The Birdcare Company (some of you may have heard of us).

I was contacted by Andy Nethercott just recently regarding Coccidia in Zebra Finches.

I gave him my answer, which I believe he has posted on the forum just recently.

My reason for joining is that if anyone would like to ask questions about Coccidia or any other ailments they may have in their birds I am here.

Best regards,

Charlotte Doheny,
Senior Advisor @ The Birdcare Company

• Like 1

Hello again Charlotte and welcome to the Forum. Thank you for your offer of advice on bird ailments I expect members will be in contact.

Reading other post replies to 'Going Light' people are already using 'Feast' with good results.

I did read the other posts to the one that you did.  It is fantastic to hear that people are already using Feast.  Hopefully they will have the same results as other customers have had.

I will answer some of the questions about the protein as well, so I think that will be of some benefit.

Hi Charlotte,

It's fantastic that you have joined to offer help and advice.

I already use your products and will certainly continue to do so.

Clare

Charlotte, I don't wish to take advantage but I bought Harker's before contacting you and I'm assuming it is the same as Acox. Could you tell us what the dose and treatment duration should be for small (Zebra Finch) size using Harker's. 

Understand if it becomes a problem.

Thanks

AndyN

Absolutely fine Andy.  Ask as many questions as you need to.

Yes our Acox is similar to the Coxoid.  I know the dosage rates are the same.  

The way to use Acox is to give it at least 3 weeks before breeding, at a rate of 6ml per 1 litre of water.  You give this for 1 week.

If you have young birds showing symptoms of coccidiosis, then do the same as above, but if the symptoms persist, you can give Acox again for a 2nd week, but at half dose.  So either 3ml per 1 litre or 6ml per 2 litres.

Even thought Zebra finches are small the dosage rate is still going to be the same.  If you deviate from the dilution, then you will make the product weaker (or stronger), and hence it will not help your bird.  The bird will drink what it needs, so will therefore get the right dosage rate.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2