daisymay

so upset and fed up

i have lost my yellow fife hen to going light, it was very upsetting to watch and i never want to go through that again, my green hen has started laying eggs again but i am not getting excited this time, this bird keeping hobby can be very stressful cant it. :cray:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you have lost one of your birds Daisymay.

Don't let it affect your feelings towards our hobby, though I know it can be a bit stressful. Even after 20 odd years I get a little sad when I find a chick or even adult that hasn't made it.

There is a saying- 'If you have livestock you'll have deadstock'.

All the best and 'chin up'

• Like 1

sorry for you. loosing a bird always is upsetting but like andy said that's what happens when you keep live stock. take heart that for the time she was alive you looked after to the very best so she had a good life

• Like 2

thankyou for your replies, i thought i had done something wrong to cause her death but her breeder assured me it was nothing i did wrong and that sometimes this sort of thing happens.

I lost one of my Fife's last week too so I know how you are feeling. The first thing you always do is blame yourself but as your breeder said , 'these  things happen'

I was blaming the change in the weather too  Outside Temperature all over the place the past  day or so.  

Freezing here today hailstones, then sunshine and back to rain/hailstones again.

Emmy

Don't let it get you down, sadly it does happen often for reasons unknown.

To say I had a bad week with by birds last week is an understatement, but on the other hand there was some good points as well,

just concentrate on the good bits, and it gets a little better;)

Hope your green hen comes through for you and you see some chicks soon.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and I can sympathies with you.

I came home tonight to find that I had lost the best cock bird in my setup, it really puts a dampener on things when you get days like this.

Keep your chin up.

Gary

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daisymay said:

i have lost my yellow fife hen to going light, it was very upsetting to watch and i never want to go through that again, my green hen has started laying eggs again but i am not getting excited this time, this bird keeping hobby can be very stressful cant it. :cray:

:cray::cray::cray:sorry to hear this, sadly part and parcel of bird keeping but still not nice. Concentrate on your other birds, they'll ease the pain, they need you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amf1975 said:

I lost a 26 day old chick over night. 2nd one in two days no rime or reason to it.......

how very odd? had the parents stopped feeding it?  when mine make the jump, i sprinkle some egg food on the food of the breeding cage and put a spray millett in. If just incase the parents stop feeding them they can nbible on soft food. I put a bath in so they have access to water, hopefully in doing that i cover all the bases! If they have died and the parents have still been feeding them, then i'm stumped fella.

• Like 1

done all what you have said fella.  even gone two ways with leaving the box on and taking the box down!!! lost 8 like that this season!!! doing my head in......... would of hit my magic 50 if they had all survived...

p.s sorry for trolling your post daisymay

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amf1975 said:

done all what you have said fella.  even gone two ways with leaving the box on and taking the box down!!! lost 8 like that this season!!! doing my head in......... would of hit my magic 50 if they had all survived...

p.s sorry for trolling your post daisymay

1 hour ago, daisymay said:

dont worry about trolling my post, i cant imagine what you went through, thats terrible.

sorry too :-(