Sign in to follow this  
budharley

Hello from Preston

Hi 

im Steve I've kept birds most of my life from canarys to British finches unfortunately I gave up bird keeping when my son was born with Down syndrome six years ago . I've finally decided to get back into bird keeping and decided I would like to exhibit zebra finches , I think me and  my son would both enjoy keeping these little finches and he can help me around the bird room . I don't have my birds at the moment I'm hoping to find a breeder I can purchase some good exhibition type birds from .im looking forward to getting to know some of you on the forum .  Steve 

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum and to our great hobby.

I'm sure there are members in your area who will contact you re birds and there is a Sales day at Stafford soon.

Andyn 

Hi Steve! :) 

me and my dad are just down the road at sunny Blackpool :D 

we don't breed for shows, it's more of a hobby (for my dad) 

I breed budgies myself :P

i enjoy helping my dad out.....mainly the decision making haha :)

hope you get what your looking for :) 

Welcome to the forum Steve I think that's fantastic what you are proposing to do.  I'm sure your son will just love helping you but beware it's him that shall be showing you the best way to do things and from past experience he will probably be right :lol:

Hope you both enjoy your new hobby and hoping you'll soon  find the birds you are looking for.

Emmy

welcome to the forum steve ...i'm in preston myself ....not too far from fulwood baracks..have you ever had a trip to bilsborrow bird sale on a sunday morning ?

i've just paired mine up so i have non to go at the moment (i've started a couple up on here this year with a few zebs)...but when ive bred a few your welcome to a couple of pairs.

jeff

1 hour ago, jugglerjeff said:

welcome to the forum steve ...i'm in preston myself ....not too far from fulwood baracks..have you ever had a trip to bilsborrow bird sale on a sunday morning ?

i've just paired mine up so i have non to go at the moment (i've started a couple up on here this year with a few zebs)...but when ive bred a few your welcome to a couple of pairs.

jeff

Hi Jeff thanks for the reply I will be going over to the sale I think this Sunday (is it every Sunday) or next , thanks for the offer I will take you up on that regards Steve .

its not every sunday..i will let you know when the next sale is on at bilsborrow....if you want to travel a bit there is a good sale at stafford show ground this sunday (starts about 9)....where i'm sure you would get set up with some decent birds

seen on Facebook that Dean Moore is taking some really nice lightbacks to Stafford and is not looking for much for them  

Allan 

sorry just seen they are all sold  i did say they where really nice lol

Hi, Welcome to the forum, I would advise to be cautious buying from bird sales, try make contact with established breeders and visit them, I would be able to muster a few pairs together for you for free if you wish to try your hand, most breeders will have non to go at this time as its almost the breeding season.

Regards,

Nick

• Like 2

welcome to the best finch forum on the web. zebras are wonderful birds totally addictive. I hope you an your son enjoy them when you get a few. my six year old daughter loves helping me in the bird room and my 10 year old boy has asked for an aviary for himself for his next birthday although he likes canary's..... but is just an excuse for me to buy another bird shed. have fun an please ask any question you have there is always someone on here that will be able to help

Andy

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, hope you find some nice zebs to get you going.

Clare

On 5 December 2015 at 10:31:53, Nick Hall said:

Hi, Welcome to the forum, I would advise to be cautious buying from bird sales, try make contact with established breeders and visit them, I would be able to muster a few pairs together for you for free if you wish to try your hand, most breeders will have non to go at this time as its almost the breeding season.

Regards,

Nick

Hi nick that would be superb thank you very much .

Nick is a top bloke..... starting out with his blood line means you wont go far wrong. he has some cracking birds.