Sign in to follow this  
norfolk flyer

Showing Problem

All, I've been at a couple of shows this year and looking at the classes of zeb's. Apart from your prem league zeb's ie Grey, Fawn, Cfw Cream etc classes, how would you get on if you entered say BF Cream or BFBBBC what class would they go in?I've read an interesting topic on the zfs site from nick (excelent read) now from my own perspective none of my birds would get on very well against the more established mutations, but newcomers to showing would probually never see any of the types which i breed, it's a bit of a catch 22.Take for instance the bird which my mate sold the other week, really good colourfull bird BFBBOB grey. The interest was incredable but on the show bench it would have got hammered.This is difficult to put into words but i hope you can see my aim here, you enter shows to win thats everyones target, but breeding the rarer colours to show i think is nearly impossible, but it would be good for people to see and introduce them to other colours and in turn, more on the show bench.I'm not having a moan at showing because i think that a lot of these birds are amazing and you can really appreciate the time and effort the owners put into it, plus some of there set ups must be fantastic to.Regards Trevor :D

Hi Trev,I don,t think it will be long before the newer colour varient zebs improve in type and size. As they become more popular, there will be more breeders working with them.Judging by the number of Exhibition zebs going abroad this year, I think our foreign friends are looking to do the same too.Regards,Nick.

Why don't you put a suggestion to the zfs committee Trev if they see a lot of entries and interest they may make up another class, anything that brings new blood can only be good for the hobby.i for one would like to see all of theses new mutations on the show bench.Regards Kevin

Hi TrevThe only thing with say OBBBBF's on the show bench is that like any mutation they would need alot of work to be brought up to a standard able to compete,but this combo and some other mutli combo birds like it require a large amount of work just to breed them,unlike say fawns or lightbacks.Paul.

Its just not feasable to have a class for every possible combo and that's what a lot of these birds are combos not out and out mutationsHowever there is always a class for your birds so why not bench them anyway and let people see what your breedingThere is more to a show than best in show and the major awards and good competition occurs in some of the new colour sections and you will find good competition in these classesIndeed some fantastic pairs have gone on to win major honours