• Frill
    • Yellow beak
    • Eumo
    • Frizzle
    • Alumina
    • George
    • Florida Fancy
    • Any Other Doninant Cheeked Mutation

Thanks Helen its justs another one of my hobbies. It was a change painting a bird usually its bigger pets I paint (eg dogs cats rabbits etc)The following are photographs taken at my daughter's home in France. This wild bird stunned itself and I managed to get it to take some water from my finger , then onto my finger and finally it flew off from my finger onto the roof of a building. Just was sooo wonderful to be able to study a 'wild' bird so close up. I'm going to be doing a painting from those photographs soon.mum_again_006.jpgmum_again_014.jpgEmmy

• Like 1

Hi Emmy Those pictures are brilliant really hope you paint some for this forum can't express my thoughts they are FANTASTICmar

Hi Helen ad MarkYes I've been thinking about trying painting zebra Finches. At the moment I cant relax enough to paint- just in the middle of getting all the repairs done after all the damage done with the high winds we had here in Scotland. Then within the next 2/3 weeks I'm having new central heating installed but once that is finsihed I will definaltely need to relax and I'll paint a zebra finch for the forum - If you (Helen and Mark) have a good clear photograph of one you would like painted please post it - you may have to be patient but I'll do it. (but please dont forget I'm just an amateur)EmmyThese are a different type of bird :D Once again my daughter in France took the photograph of her hens and I decided to do a painting of them and gave it a name :unsure: 'Chick Chat: We'll cosy up together' :D:D (The name I use to sign my paintings is Nonnagina) ;)Chick_Chat_We_ll_cosy_up_together_by_Non.jpg

For those that are waiting till i have posted picture of each colour befor they vote on the poll i have now posted Links to each picture on the first post after the poll go to page one,There are still two pics to do if anyone knows off good link to these colours please let me know thank you, mark

WOW! Mark that's just wonderful what you have done I never realised there are so many different colours. Thank you for giving your time doing this I guess more than me will appreciate all your hard work.Emmy

Hi EmmyI feel Boggle eyed :) after linking that lot but at least its done for all to see hope it helps all members,mark

Well Mark since you did all that work as you suggested earlier on this is my first painting of a zebra finch Its Helen's Sooty(Far from perfect though!) Think Sooty may require a 'make over' :) Helen if you read this I'm sending you a pmEmmy(Forgot to post the link - I've posted it on a separate post.)

theres reccesive silvers also on efinch mark ...theres also a few mutations that are in australia that dont exist yet in the uk ...george,alumina and frizzle...if you tap in australian zebra finch society into google its the first site that comes up..regards jeff

Sorry forgot to post the linkIMAG3185.jpgedited:(Have taken another photograph of the painting the colours on the other one wasnt right)Emmy

Hi EmmyThat is a very nice painting well done 10/10 can you do one for me sometime a nice picture of my creams,mark

Hi MarkJust post me a clear photograph I'll do this for you. It will be a way of saying 'Thank you' to you for doing all that hard work linking the the names of the finches to their image ;):D Emmy

There has been another up date on the Poll as i have now but another 3 mutations on the list to vote on, There are persons from overseas that are members of our forum that might breed them,If you have voted and now recognize some other that you breed just alter your vote,Thank you,mark

Another update on the poll its worked out that 1 in 6 members have now voted on the poll this is still a pore response come on members place your vote,mark

Is there any more members that would like to place there vote on the colours they keep if so go to first post thank you,mark

well i am interested as to the whereabouts of the recesive dilutes2 people have voted for themare they in this country or abroadwould like to know how you came about them and your breeding results/expeirience with themDave
I now notice that there are 3 people now that say they breed or have recessive dilutes can just ask who has said they have them interested to see if in the UK,mark

I have now added another mutation to the poll list Florida Fancy please feel free to vote on it,mark

I believe you can edit the poll to show which member voted what but it may wipe out previous results.I'm have 2 fawns and 2 normals I believe. They chose their own mates.Normal male x Fawn female = fawn male chick (+ 3 more chicks, not sure what they are as yet)Fawn male x Normal (maybe?) female = pied male + normal(?) female

Hi all

I am just bringing this thread back to life as it has been quite for couple months now so if theres any new member that would like to post on the poll on the first page of this thread for the colours they keep please feel free to join in,

Thanks for looking ;)

mark

It has just come to my attention that there might be another mutation to add to the list as i have realized that there is paulm who now has CFW cheeked,

I will need confirmation if this mutation needs adding to the list just anyone know ?

mark

OK i have thought of one way of getting this mutation and similar cheeked colours on to the poll list,

How about i put = NON STANDARD VARIETY

Any more idea's welcome,

mark