Sign in to follow this  
newtozebras

Liam From Oxford

Hi im liam from oxford im 22. I used to breed budgies and zebra finches in an avairy but i went to a bird show once and fell in love with the idea of trying to breed the best zebra finch possible. I would like to get to know more about how to go about breeding zebra finches for shows. I would love it if someone from the oxford area could maybe teach me abit about the bird room and where to buy birds from. What to look for when buying a new bird and how to prepare for the breeding season before i go out and buy birds i want to know as much as possible. Basically im a complete new comer to breeding show birds and any help would be great.

Thanks

liam

Hi Liam , ask as much as you like some one on here will try and help you. All the guys are breeding now better waiting till later in the year for birds . Baz

Hello Liam,

Welcome to this site which you will find excellent, as you are possibly going into showing zebras have you considered joining the Zebra Finch Society?

Frank

Hi thanks for the warm welcome i have been thinking about joining the zebra finch society but im just waiting until i know more about the hobby as i dont want to rush into things. Wheres the best place on the forum to ask questions or will the moderators see my posts and put them in the correct place if i get it wrong.

Thanks

Hi Liam,

A warm welcome to our community, it's nice to see more newcomers to the hobby and I'm really glad you found the forum.

Please do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you like, we have all types of keepers and breeders on here and I'm sure that everyone will be more than happy to help as much as they can.

The forum is split into a wide variety of sections, but if you are struggling to pinpoint a specific topic the general information or general discussion areas are a good place to post.

Hope you find the site informative.

Gary.

Hi gary

Im really looking forward to getting started in the hobby and thanks for the info i think ill play it safe and post questions in the general sections just until i learn more about the hobby.

Thanks

liam

Welcome to the forum Liam, the members here are just great and always willing to help in any way they can, I think you are doing the correct thing re finding out about the birds and their needs before starting off. But beware once you have bought your first pair you wont be content until you go out and buy some more :lol:

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Emmy

Welcome Liam,

I think you have come to the right place to get info before starting on Exhibition Zebies.

Enjoy!!!

Andy

Hi Liam. And welcome to the forum.

I'm in Worcester and so not a million miles away from you.

Ian

Hi Liam.Welcome to the forum.I`m in the Newbury area.If you would like to come over and see my set up then pm me.

Eamonn.