Sign in to follow this  
Clare L

First Lb's Of 2014

Just had the first Lightbacks fledge, this is the first time I have had the chance to pair male and female together, so am very excited with them :D

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/claret13/media/new13042014001_zpsabeb09a6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/claret13/media/new13042014010_zps6d2c7f6d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Hope you like them

Clare :)

They look very smart clare. I've got my first fawn and cream light backs fledge recently too. I'm watching them daily to hopefully spot a cock bird colouring up!

I think one of my newly fledged chicks is a lightback but I'll need to wait until its a bit older to be sure. (no idea where it came from though --dad's OB/BBand mum is grey pied (lol)

Those are lovely birds Claire.

Emmy

Hi Emmy,

LB is a Sex Linked mutation, so the hen will have to be that colour, but the cock bird can be split, so from what you are saying, the LB will come from the dad which will be split for LB, which also means that the chick will be a hen, as it will come from the dad.( Basically the hen has to be visual but the cock can be split, but the out come for this type of pairing will be hen chicks only). :huh:

Sorry not to good at explaining these things :crazy:  Weird and complicated :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Clare

Weird and complicated :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I agree with you 100% :lol:

it's that dad I'm going to pair up with the OB/BB hen I just got recently so if he is also split  for LB as well as BB then I could be in for a few surprises.   

Emmy

I'll keep you posted what the outcome is but it all depends on one important thing--  I know he will be OK but will she LIKE him :crazy:  :rofl:

Emmy