Sign in to follow this  
MrMe3257

Creating Creams From Scratch?

Stephen,

Cream is a dominant type, which means a dominant colour cannot be carried,

One of the parents has to show this colour,

So in other words you will have to buy a Cream then match it up with a Fawn and 50% of your nest should be cream,

It doesn't matter whether you obtain a male or female the % is the same,

Hope this helps,

Trevor :)

Hi

The Cream Colour or more accurately the Dominant Dilute Mutation was more than likely a random Genetic event like other Colour mutations, and too my knowledge could not be recreated by using other Colour mutations.

Paul.

so Paul is what you are saying its just pure 'luck' if you happen to breed a cream when neither of the parents are cream. Guess if this is so much quicker to buy a cream.

Emmy

hi Stephen

I believe that if you pair a male fawn to a silver hen then in theory 25% of the hens will be creams and 25% fawn and the males

should be 25% normal split fawn and 25%silver split fawn if this is wrong then someone will put things right hope this helps

richard

Hi Stephen,

Richard is right, I produced a cream hen from a silver hen x normal/fawn male pairing, I was not trying to breed cream but I did to my surprise.

But the easiest route would be to obtain cream to start with :) As you are not guaranteed to get a cream this way.

All the Best

Clare

Hi 

You can Breed Creams from Silver's x Fawn and Fawn x Silver pairings, the reason you are able to do this is because Silver and cream are both the Dominant Dilute mutation so the same mutation, the only difference is that one is based in Fawn and the other is Base on Normal.

Paul.

• Like 1

I've bred a cream from a silver cock which had a fawn parent cross to a lightback hen. Was a total surprise but it looks like it'll be a nice bird. Not sure what use it woll be for next year's breeding

Jon gifted me one of his cream hens at last Octobers Stafford, I put her with a Fawn cock and bingo 1 x fawn hen and 1 x cream hen.

It's one of the first creams I've produced and it looks like a nice bird as well.

Thanks Jon.

Gary ;) ;) ;)

Hi Gary great news its the least I could do to show my appreciation for the excellent hard work you do keeping the forum up and running. Post a picture of them.... id love to see the youngsters. Cheers Jon

Hi Jon,

Just removed them from the parents so I'll put some pictures on or a video on soon.

It took me a bit to get them going, but they seem to have clicked now, they are on their second round already.......

Cheers,

Gary.