paulm

Fawn Chicks 2011

Hi Paul,when i look at the video in full screen mode, I can see much more white colour in the tail stripes as black one.Could he be split for blackbreast ?..........did some of his youngsters have the same tail colour ? Did you never paired him to one of his daughters ?Michael

Hi MichaelTo the best of my knowledge i haven't bred black breast into this line of fawns unless it is there from the original birds,i try to keep a tight lid on the recessive mutations in my stud.I dont inbreed my birds i just feel its not worth it and im not a colour breeder just a type man so theres not really a need to i dont feel.Cheers Paul.

If i can get birds half as good as those in my first year breeding i will be well pleased, they are nice looking birds Paul.Kevin

Hi KevinSometime you have to work with the best of what you can get hold of then endeavor to put in whats missing,this line of birds has been running for me for the past 7 years.Paul.

Hi All This youngster is two days out of the nest i quite like it,what do you think?.Paul.Photo1281.jpgPhoto1282.jpg

Hi PaulThat is a little Bobby Dazzler great shape to it lovely small beak is it just one off or is there more,mark

Hi Mark It was the only one in that nest but i have two more pairs with chicks,i've just rung most of them the oldest was 12 day and nearly didnt get the ring on two of them so i was lucky there.Paul.

Hi PaulThat chick would just look nice in my birdroom ;) i could find a nice cream to go with it come next winter :lol: mark

Hi Mark I did ok for Fawns but not as many hens as i could of done with,this chick is a fawn hen so thats useful the father is the cock bird in my avatar picture.Paul.

PaulI also could find another cream to for its father to :lol: got two boxes of creams ready now any day for hatching also two boxes of fawns,mark

Hi MarkI look forward to seeing some more nice creams from you next year i hope you have another good year.Paul.

Why thank you Paul mate lets hope it is as good as last one or even better i want a birdroom full come show time next year,mark

Wow Paul, what a *******, hope i get just one that looks like that in the future, something to aim for.

I was in the shed today and noticed the cock going for the chick as he's keen to go back down,so i have now split him from the chick and hen,the hen should feed the chick no problem and i can repair them when she is rested or pair him to another hen.Here a clip of him sorry about the back ground music.

Paul.

if hes fit and ready to go i would pair him up to another hen,fosster the eggs out and then re pair him in a couple of weeks to the original hen after she has weaned the young one matedave

Hi Dave Im umming and ahhing i have a nice Fawn hen i could pair him to but i may wait till it gets closer to the new ring issue date and i have more birds down as at the moment i dont have many down.Paul.

you should have rings for 6 janpair him now eggs in a week, two weeks sitting and ring at eight or nine days old :) youll have rings in plenty of time mate :D pair while hes up for it and pair up a pair to put eggs undermaximum yeild from a top bird the more you breed the more you can sell me next year :lol: good luck whatever you do with him paulhope he breeds some more good uns for youregards dave

Hi DaveYour right there as long as i get my rings on time lol they lost them one year i nearly chewed myfinger nails off waiting for replacements.Paul.