paulm

Fawn 2012

Hi AllJust had these two leave different nests today and thought i would share them with you.Fawn229-1-12.jpgFawn229-1-12a.jpgsecond nestFawn29-1-12a.jpgFawn29-1-12a1.jpgFawn29-1-12.jpgCheers Paul.

• Like 2

Hi Helen You have to get them young and they do get use to being handled before they turn flighty which is behavour they learn from their parents.Paul.

Hi Trev these to are from different boxes on has a fawn sibling to come out yet and a Normal which look a nice bird indeed but not from the pair which are raising it and the other has six siblings.Paul.

Paul these two are just lovely (I'll know what to do now to get them on my hand if this next lot hatch out. When do you begin to handle them? I was afraid in case the parent birds wouldnt feed them again if I handled them too soon)Emmy

These too had just left the nest,they most of the time dont stay tame for long as they get older they seem to pick up the fear of humans from their parents,but just put a slide in and let them sit on your hand in the cage this shouldn't stop the parents feeding them but just dont keep the chick for to long and bear in mind some chicks are more flighty than others.Paul.

hi paul,Lovely looking birds mate nice shape, i am looking for some fawn keep me in mind if your getting rid of any mate. Also i have a pair of normal greys well i thought they were, they have 2 chicks a normal grey and a fawn, what parents are split for which.Chris

Hi Chris Will do,it sounds like your cock is split for Fawn and the fawn chick will be a hen.Paul.

hi paul,Cheers for that mate, is the female a pure grey then what should they grey chick be?Have you got a wait list for any fawns mate?Cheers chris

Hi ChrisThe hens cant carry Fawn or any of the other sexlinked mutations just the cock who carry them,so apart from her possibly for a recessive mutation such as Black cheek or penguin she will be a pure normal hen.I think im like most UK breeders in that i've have a bit of interest in my birds this year and you just dont know how well you will do for what colour till breedings over and done,i might breed well with fawns or have a poor year so far its been ok,but it also depends on not just how many you breed but how good they are as well.Paul.

hi paul,cheers for that mate, put me on your list if you have any for sale mate, i am trying to build up a nice stud of zebra this year ready for next year, i have done okay so far with 33 chicks out and pairs on eggs still so not bad. But i havent got my size birds i want yet.Chris

hi paul,cheers for that mate, put me on your list if you have any for sale mate, i am trying to build up a nice stud of zebra this year ready for next year, i have done okay so far with 33 chicks out and pairs on eggs still so not bad. But i havent got my size birds i want yet.Chris

Hi Chris Its hard to get good bird and harder to get size,most people want to buy what your keeping and not whats for sale,you might not get the breeders best but you will more than likely get a bother or sister or even parent to the not for sale birds.Paul.

Hi paul,I see what you mean mate, how long did it take you to build your stud up? do you buy in ever season? This is my first season with exhibition zebra's i dont have that many of them but have some good size birds and colour. think this season will be about getting some nice stock in and sorting out what colours i want to breed.Cheers chris

Hi Chris I dont buy birds in very often i always wanted to make my own stud but you do need good out crosses and new blood,it always good to start off with the best you can there are a number of great breeders on here and in the ZFS who it worth asking.Paul.

Hi paul,i will ask about mate, i have a add on the zfs for birds wanted wrong time of the year though. it will be worth the wait.chris
Chris Buy the end of this season i will have some Fawns off my creams that i want be using for next season,mark

You have done it again Paul i really like these one's looks as if there going to be good birds,mark